Monday, February 28, 2011

Beach bag

I have been wanting to make a little beach bag for all our sand buckets and scoopers. I saw this one by Vera Bradley and new I could make something similar.

I found some fabric at IKEA that I like and went to work.




The large Eyelets were fun. If I was to make it again I would put a few more in and make them closer together.



I love how it turned out. I put all our sand toys in it and they fit great. Just as long as I don't aquire anymore. This would be a fun bag to take to the pool as well. Plenty of room for some rolled up towels, sunscreen, etc.

I took lots of pictures during the making of this fun beach bag if anyone is interested in seeing a tutorial...

3 comments:

heidijogoody said...

Looks like such the perfect beach bag.. nice work as usual

Olivia said...

Cute bag. Ok... I want to know the secret. How do you get so many things done??? I feel like it takes me a decade to finish one small project. I'm impressed.

Danielle said...

I had no idea you had a sewing blog until Liz mentioned it on hers today. So glad I found it! That is a way cute beach bag and I am now going to browse through the archive of your blog!