Wednesday, October 9, 2013

little apron

The kids school is doing a fundraiser with baskets.  So each class has a theme for their basket. Like my daughters 3rd grade class was assigned "Snack Time" and my preschoolers is "Cooking With Children".  Each child is supposed to donate something to go into the basket that coordinates with the theme and then they will auction them off.  So I decided to make a little apron for my son to contribute.  I was hesitant on measurements so I went searching the web.  I found this darling tutorial for a child's reversible fat quarter apron.

I wanted to try and use up something out of my fabric bin.  I needed something that could be worn by either a girl or a boy.  Here are the scraps I found.  I used the measurements she has posted for the fabric and also the idea for the button.  I used fabric for the ties instead of ribbon and I didn't do the pocket or the trim.    So we switched it up a bit but it turned out pretty cute.


No comments: