Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fun with Orange

All the kindergarten classes had color days for 9 days in a row. Each day they were to wear something in the color of the day. When my daughter first brought the paper home I thought it was a fun idea. Then I started looking through all her clothes. The only color she didnt have was ORANGE. I had gone walking the next day with a friend and mentioned the color days to her. I told her the only color we didnt have was orange. She had this old T-shirt of hers that she generously passed on to us.

Sorry I didnt get pictures before I started cutting on the shirt. Here is what I did.
1.CUT: I cut the neckband and the sleeve bands off. I also cut some length off.
2.HEM: I used a rolled hem around all the edges that I cut.
3.SHIRR: I used the elastic thread to shirr around the sleeves,neck and a couple inches above the hem of the shirt.

Ok as for the skirt. This was not really planned. I went to the Grannery. This cute little quilting/fabric store just to look...for fun. Yeah right! I saw this fabric with the deep purple and the oranges in it and could not resist.

1 comment:

heidijogoody said...

My goodness Cheer you are so amazing.. How nice would it be to have a mom that could just whip me up something to wear if I needed it :)